Hello, everyone. We have been developing Heldenian, and though much has been coded already, we have realized there is a lot of debate regarding the Heldenian's mechanics. Thus, before it actually gets implemented live we would like some feedback on what we think Heldenian should be and what you think could be done to improve it.
There are two types of Heldenian events: Battlefield and Castle Siege. This post only addresses the former (Battlefield). We shall post about Castle Siege at a later date.
The Defense the Shield events will be removed in favour of the Heldenian events.
- Attacking is disabled for the first 5 minutes. Planting flags is disabled so as to enable the use of summon tickets.
- All mobs present in the Battlefield are killed when the event starts, and won't respawn while the event is on.
- Players receive their summon points in order to purchase war units at the Command Hall.
- The summon tickets can only be used on the current event.
- All players get 10000 points, plus 100 points for peach point of Charisma. Basing this on Charisma means people can make passive "Charisma mules" in order to get more war units. We are thinking of changing this so that points are acquired through actively participating in the event instead, which solves both the issue of charisma mules as well as preventing the event from stagnating after all war units have died and flags planted.
- Purchased at the Command Hall.
- The flags can be placed in any movable part of the map. You cannot place flags next to each other.
- If you take a flag and you don't use it, you can use it for a next event.
- Each flag you plant will increases a the Flag Point by 1 to each tile around it (23x19 range, roughly equal to the size of the game screen). If your town has more Flag Points in a particular tile than the opposite town, players that are on that tile will have their damage increased by 30%.
Example of flag with a theoretical 7x7 range:
Tiles with red circles represent tiles in which Aresden will have the 30% damage bonus, and blue circles for Elvine bonus. Tiles with grey circles represent tiles which have no bonus for either side.
- The first nation to destroy the opposite nation's towers wins.
If, after 90 minutes, neither nation has destroyed all of the opposite nation's towers, the winning nation is determined by the following conditions, in order of priority:
- The nation with the most towers wins.
- If both nations have the same amount of towers, the nation with the most planted flags wins
- If both nations have the same amount of flags, the nation that killed the first tower wins
- If no tower was destroyed during the event, it ends in a draw
- The winning nation has access to Battlefield and its many mobs after the event, as well as bonus experience awarded at the end of the event.