All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Digg: Event Tokens system  Digg: Event Tokens system  Digg: Event Tokens system  Digg: Event Tokens system Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Event Tokens system
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:21 pm 

WHere's kwand!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Squeeze wrote:
Cleroth wrote:
zebra wrote:
KebabHunter wrote:
gems, flam LLF, cape, Lighting Blade, IceStorm Manual, Excalibur, Dark Executor -its normal, not creazy rar

but high problem is APO time;/

Yeah apoc time should be different every week. It should be switch 8 hours every week. That way everyone gets a chance to kill abby atleast once per 3 weeks.

It will be done like that.

when? in 5,2 update?

Yea
LESBIAN wrote:
WHere's kwand!!!!!!!

It is there.

I've finished coding this system (with the list that is on the first post). Only need a bit more testing and a few other changes then I'll do the 5.2 update. I'm hoping to update this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:28 pm 

Good job Cleroth, now i just need to actually have time to wait for most of the events preparations, it usually takes forever =( You must whip those GM's to type commands faster! Lol..

He is well trained though so don't worry !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 pm 

add rep scroll in river for fisher or somethings mobs

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:38 pm 

Cleroth wrote:
There'll also probably be daily and weekly scavenger hunts (automated), if I got time for it.

I just have to admit I'm a bit sad this didn't make the cut. The only way to get tokens right now is GM-made events which - and I don't blame them for it - are entirely random. There's no way to "prepare" to get ETs because you never know when the events take place. In the future, it'd be nice to also have some kind of scheduled alternative to earn some tokens, imo.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm 

Have been busy, but look forward to hosting more events in the next few weeks. I understand the frustration with randomly hosted events, but until certain events are automated, there's no true way around it. What I'll try to do later in the week is post a schedule of time frames when I will likely host an event.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:50 pm 

+1 for events for pride guild;) in my opinion one GM is Rayquaza or Aomine :( i'm right?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:16 pm 

Sangreal wrote:
Artemis is from Pride and Thor is from Elvine guild Epic or Private Asylum for sure

Both wrong.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:26 am 

add rings and necks pls

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:09 pm 

Since I get called out for giving "shit feedback" by Thor when I point out that events have slowed down, I'm going to make a post about it and we'll see if it's still shit.

Issue at hand: very few event tokens are being handed out these days, which basically means that the event officer is fairly useless (all he's done so far is hand Weapon and me an SB, and we aren't the ones who need items the most), when its purpose was to make things more fun until 6.0.
If you don't have all that much time to hold regular LMS/team events, so be it. But then don't be afraid to hand them out a bit more "loosely", in low-key events. They're here to be used, not to have players cry because no events are happening and we're missing out on possible fun again (the early weeks of events were definitely fun).

Possible solutions:
- Make events that aren't very time-consuming for you. Artemis did one once that I liked / I think worked well: announce a customized scavenger event, by posting a list of items you want to be sent to your inbox. Don't make it just monster parts, but also very random things such as a poison gradius, a strong flamberge, a light full helm W, whatever works as long as you know people don't have everything in their wh from the start. All you have to do is think of a list, post it and check your in-game mail for winning mails. Again, everyone gets a chance if it's noob weapons/armors.
- Make truly random events. You've said that you didn't like how "the rich were getting richer" in current events (I disagree, but I don't even want to get into that discussion now when there's more important stuff): there are ways to counter this, then. You can do HB trivia in global chat, even Spanish players understand if you ask questions such as "what INT do you need to learn Tremor". Hiding tokens under food for a picking up contest in a large arena (you keep the area closed off until people have tped). Hiding tokens in barracks and have players log travs to run to them. Plenty of easy stuff like that, you just have to give it a bit of thought... and be open to feedback without saying I'm just being rude for the heck of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next