All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Digg: Hero Cape Dye  Digg: Hero Cape Dye  Digg: Hero Cape Dye  Digg: Hero Cape Dye Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Hero Cape Dye
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

50 EKs or 25 Olympia Coins to get a Hero Cape Catalyzer, which converts a Hero Cape to Hero Cape Dye. The Hero Cape Dye converts a normal cape to a Hero Cape keeping the stats. Capes dyed with a Hero Cape Dye will become bound, but converting it back to a dye will unbind the cape, get the dye back, and convert the cape back to its original state.

In other words ([B] = bound, [U] unbound):
Hero Cape [B] + Catalyzer [U]= Hero Cape Dye [B]
mp49 Cape [U] + Hero Cape Dye [B] = mp49 Hero Cape [B]
mp49 Hero Cape [B] + Catalyzer [U]= mp49 Cape [U] + Hero Cape Dye [B]

Tell me what you think, and if you have any opinions about how to make it better, please post them here.
Thanks.

Re: Hero Cape Dye
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:01 pm 

good idea makes hero capes more usefull i like it :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:03 pm 

I like it and would like to see this feature on olympia.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:11 pm 

+1 i like it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:14 pm 

Nice Idea... This is 1 intersting option for using ur eks after beening fullhero...
I dont know what to use them for :? I got Full hero war and full hero mage in the same char :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 pm 

I love it. But i think its only a start for solving the uselessness of eks after getting the full hero set. Yes, you can have as much hero capes as you want, but at least half of the top 10 ekers will turn 2 statted capes into hero capes within the first hour of the update (if they didnt take any other hero armor out), which means that they will start stacking eks for nothing right after the update, cause i doubt they have more than one descent cape worth turning into hero.

It would be nice if you can return the eks to players like RedBull that wasted them in Hero Robes and shit because of its lack of use.

PS: Trading MP 42 Cape :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:29 pm 

Can you trade the hero cape catalyzers? In other words, could anyone - regardless of their EKs - end up acquiring a hero cape look?

It is a nice idea, and as vazkitoo mentioned mostly a good start to try and not let EKs be totally pointless. With that said, I'm not too sure how the dyes would look - if I can get a proper aqua cape with the hero pattern on it and not just a darker hero cape (that's the idea I have in mind from past private servers where all colors would make your hero cape ugly), I might just love it. If they end up as darker capes, I'd probably stick to my guild color. Not really a complaint, just stating that some people with extra EKs might end up still not using them. If you can trade them away, then liking the colors or not may not matter as long as you can get items out of it, hence my first question.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 pm 

I was wondering the same thing about the look of the cape. Will a green cape turn either red (Ares) or blue (Elv) after being dyed? Or will it keep its color?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 am 

CindarellaMan wrote:
Nice Idea... This is 1 intersting option for using ur eks after beening fullhero...
I dont know what to use them for :? I got Full hero war and full hero mage in the same char :lol:

So stop laming on Oldfrees

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 am 
Site Admin

The capes turn into a Hero Cape, normal Hero Cape colour. It's basically just a way of having your Hero Cape stated.
You can trade Hero Cape Catalyzers... but they're useless by themselves. You need a Hero Cape to get anything out of it (ie. a Hero Cape Dye, which is bound). You still need a Hero Cape to begin with.
I edited the examples on the first post to make it clearer.