All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Digg: Item Info Remake (visual changes)  Digg: Item Info Remake (visual changes)  Digg: Item Info Remake (visual changes)  Digg: Item Info Remake (visual changes) Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

It's not like I haven't tried... Everyone I've hired either gets bored and stops doing anything, or they go against the rules and abuse their GM powers. I still need to code better GM stuff so it's not as exploitable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:50 am 

Cleroth wrote:
It's not like I haven't tried... Everyone I've hired either gets bored and stops doing anything, or they go against the rules and abuse their GM powers. I still need to code better GM stuff so it's not as exploitable.

They got bored and stopped doing anything because they were not allowed to make even the most simple events. Can't expect GMs to keep their will to help intact if all they can do is shout "Does anyone have questions?" every day. At the risk of sounding overly rude, I just think you haven't tried hard enough, especially for an issue of that caliber and that everyone has been talking about from day 1. Nah, wait, even before - lol, this is actually really ironical because the point of the thread was to learn from Legion's mistakes and we're doing so much worse in this (key) aspect, with 0 GM making events as opposed to having several willing/helpful GMs on Legion who stuck around for a while (I can at least think of 3). Makes me wonder why I even bothered pointing out the issue, or why I am even still bothering now.

I just still fail to see why only one basic pvp event was ever greenlighted on the HB server with the most active players out there. There isn't much room for abuse if you just hand one or two items to the GM and make sure the prize is handed out to the winner, really.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 pm 

Rayquaza wrote:
Cleroth wrote:

They got bored and stopped doing anything because they were not allowed to make even the most simple events. Can't expect GMs to keep their will to help intact if all they can do is shout "Does anyone have questions?" every day. At the risk of sounding overly rude, I just think you haven't tried hard enough, especially for an issue of that caliber and that everyone has been talking about from day 1. Nah, wait, even before - lol, this is actually really ironical because the point of the thread was to learn from Legion's mistakes and we're doing so much worse in this (key) aspect, with 0 GM making events as opposed to having several willing/helpful GMs on Legion who stuck around for a while (I can at least think of 3). Makes me wonder why I even bothered pointing out the issue, or why I am even still bothering now.

I just still fail to see why only one basic pvp event was ever greenlighted on the HB server with the most active players out there. There isn't much room for abuse if you just hand one or two items to the GM and make sure the prize is handed out to the winner, really.

The GMs from legion abused more than anyone knows though :P.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:41 pm 

Well, we can all hope for the best, and maybe things will change in the near future. Who knows. We will just keep our heads high and our expectations low.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

However fun those PvP events can be, and were on Legion, I do believe the corruption that happened from those GMs outweighted the good things that they did. I am revamping the GM stuff as well for the next update (happening either today or tomorrow). So after the update we should be seeing a lot more events and staff activity.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:54 pm 

This sounds outstanding, make way for the increase in player activity.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:30 am 
I'm still here by the way!

Sorry I haven't been logging on lately! Recently I have been playing other games, I'm not even going to lie. I have almost no free time (work + other games) it literally takes all my free time. Also, the few last weeks I logged I had like 1-2 questions and that was it so it was actually kind of pointless, to a point of course. Since the new ticketing system was added, it seems that things are going a lot more smoothly and there seems to be less of a need of GM questioning in-game.

I do agree with Rayquaza. Still to do this day, and believe me I have pestered Cleroth to no end about this, I have not been given rules/permission to do any event whatsoever. I was told to wait until some sort of GM rule system was implemented but I haven't been informed of any.

It is sad to hear that some recently hired GM broke the rules and had to be dismissed. Personally I am 100% against cheating in any game. To me it makes things plain boring to have an advantage over others. I like competition and to work for my own stuff without any cheats so I can assure you that none of that cheating business will ever come from me.

I will try to log on more often so I can answer some questions and assist people and hopefully do some events whenever they're done with the new GM system. Good luck everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 pm 

How 'bout this update?! Let's get her done!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:39 pm 
Its still in the works. Patience is a virtue, you of all ppl should know that Divine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:29 am 

I think this community has been more than patient.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next