All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Digg: Item Info Remake (visual changes)  Digg: Item Info Remake (visual changes)  Digg: Item Info Remake (visual changes)  Digg: Item Info Remake (visual changes) Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view

Item Info Remake (visual changes)
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2735
NOTE: ANY FEATURES DISPLAYED IN THIS POST ARE WORK-IN-PROGRESS AND NOT FINAL
I have been working on revamping the item system on the client by making the client able to get up-to-date item data from the server, and displaying it within the game itself.
The main benefit from this is displaying item info in-game which wasn't present before, such as: max endurance, damage, defense ratio (DR), physical absorption (PA), Required Dex/Mag, Strength required for Full Speed (changed from "Full Swing", as it makes no semantic sense), and special item descriptions.
The other benefits will include (in the near future):
  • Being able to display other stats in F5, such as Total DR and Additional DR, Total MA, Total MR, Total Hit Prob and Additional Hit Prob, etc...
  • Re-using the configuration system for things like NPC data, or a future quest systems
  • Displaying better skill info, such as which related skill the weapon you're using currently is, the stat required to up it, and other skill details

For the item info, I've come up with this:
Image

Image

Image

Further info on each stat:
Endurance:
    Added max endurance and changed to be the first stat to be displayed. The reason for this is that the additional stats displayed might make the item info rectangles too big and hard to find what you're looking for and that Endurance is the most read stat.

Defense Ratio / Physical Absorption:
    This is a bit problematic with the way this is shown right now on the screenshots. The reason being that every armor will now display their base DR and PA (or accumulated DR and PA if the armor is stated). People will get confused at first and think they got DR armors or something. I've thought about this and thought of changing it so that every armor will display something like this:
    • For non-stated armors: "Defense Ratio: 11 (+0)"
    • For a DR+19 armor: "Defense Ratio: 30 (+19)"
    This should remove any ambiguity that players could have.

Tell me what you think, and if you have any opinions about how to make it better, please post them here.
Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:24 pm
Posts: 28
Holy fuck! :)

This is great, good job!


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:35 pm
Posts: 11
On Topic : yah is nice to have more information

Off Topic : my thinking can u spent more time improve the motivation of game play now
EG. make us something to do when full hero like 500ek to make hero cape to overwrite stat cape
or a arena system u could get point to trade m stone zem or rep

sorry for my bad english


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:37 am
Posts: 369
Location: France
Looks great.

As for improvements, I think players would be less confused over the armor descriptions if:
- you kept the original order - listing the light/strong/etc. and HP/MP/etc. bonuses first, then only giving the "general description" of the item, possibly in that order: STR needed to equip, endurance, DR, PA. It's not necessarily the most logical choice, but it'll be less confusing if still reminiscent of the old system.
- you made a distinction between the bonuses and the total DR/PA by changing the font color - for example, the item's bonus stats could show up in green (could be the same green that's used to describe statted items, but doesn't have to), and the rest in white/gray would look more standard/descriptive.

Your 30 (+19) idea also sounds like it'd help a lot.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:33 am
Posts: 378
This is a good idea, great work

Please, could u do the same with hero items?
The +1 +2 +3 in armors and weapons are included in that new info display right?

Off topic: I do really belive that u must make usefull eks after full hero (at least when u kill some1 with ur same lvl or higer, this would almost remove eks lamming)... Could be some improvement in ur full hero set like more def, hp, dr, dmg, whatever....


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2735
Rayquaza wrote:
- you kept the original order - listing the light/strong/etc. and HP/MP/etc. bonuses first, then only giving the "general description" of the item, possibly in that order: STR needed to equip, endurance, DR, PA. It's not necessarily the most logical choice, but it'll be less confusing if still reminiscent of the old system.

Keeping the original order doesn't work, because the Defense Ratio would still show up first if you get an NS armor.

Rayquaza wrote:
- you made a distinction between the bonuses and the total DR/PA by changing the font color - for example, the item's bonus stats could show up in green (could be the same green that's used to describe statted items, but doesn't have to), and the rest in white/gray would look more standard/descriptive.

I obviously thought of that, but it's not possible with the current Font system Helbreath uses. It would require recoding the font system, which I think is too much work for what it's worth.
Unless you mean colouring the entire line, and not just the number. In that case... yea, but I think it would look weird.

CindarellaMan wrote:
This is a good idea, great work

Please, could u do the same with hero items?
The +1 +2 +3 in armors and weapons are included in that new info display right?

Hero armors display the same as any other armor:
Image
I will list the full set bonuses on it later as well.
What do you mean with the +1/2/3? It shows just as before, with the max endurance is updated accordingly.

CindarellaMan wrote:
Off topic: I do really belive that u must make usefull eks after full hero (at least when u kill some1 with ur same lvl or higer, this would almost remove eks lamming)... Could be some improvement in ur full hero set like more def, hp, dr, dmg, whatever....

Well, we've been thinking about this for quite some time, but we haven't decided what rewards to put yet. Merging the hero cape with a normal one could be a good idea. Other minor upgrades to the hero set could be made. The old green Istrian Hero could be used for fully upgraded Hero (I also made a yellow one, which could be used for the opposite city), though I would like to reserve that for a Hero Set gained only through arena match-making.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 pm
Posts: 73
Love the improvements being made to the server functionality. But I also think that other things are really important as well.

More events : We rarely see any events other then sade, dts, and ctr. We need ACTUAL events like LMS, guild vs guild, ladder matches etc for which prizes would be given. Right now the only thing to basically do on this server is hunt/ek. the ek part gets a tad old after you already have full hero. Wtf else is there to do.

More staff : We currently have a few staff members, which are barely ever on. Cleroth is the exception because you are always coding and doing things server side, but we need ACTUAL ingame admins to monitor the harrassment, racial slurs and comments, Chat spamming, etc.

More penalties : Nobody is being penalized for ek laming, rep laming, harassment and or racial slurs and comments. Everybody is just running amok and doing anything they want to. It isnt the players job to do the admins job for you.

im not talking bad about anything that anybody has done here or including names or anything. there needs to be more ingame involvement for this server to remain the way it is for extended time. Adding features to the server and improving client side things is badass, but there are ingame things that need to be tended to that cannot be done with the 2-3 GMs that you have that rarely log.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:37 am
Posts: 369
Location: France
Cleroth wrote:
I obviously thought of that, but it's not possible with the current Font system Helbreath uses. It would require recoding the font system, which I think is too much work for what it's worth.
Unless you mean colouring the entire line, and not just the number. In that case... yea, but I think it would look weird.


I also thought of that possibility, though it wasn't what I was going for in my post (and didn't mention it because it sounded even less easy to code, clearly idk anything about HB). But since it may be the only codable possibility... why not. The whole line shouldn't be colored in green then, of course, but if you made the background slightly lighter for the stat lines, they'd most likely stand out more without necessarily looking too weird. Well, it's worth a try if it's not too much work - test very small variations and see what comes out best, if anything at all.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 2735
Actually... I guess it wasn't so hard after all. Just did this in 15 mins:
Image

@Jomad: I'll reply to your post tomorrow. Too tired today and going to bed soon.


Top
 Profile  
 

Re: Item Info Remake (visual changes)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:33 am
Posts: 378
Cleroth wrote:
What do you mean with the +1/2/3? It shows just as before, with the max endurance is updated accordingly


Well I thought that when u upgrade an armor to+1 it gives u more DEF, and same thing to +2 and +3, and I think that it should be shown in the Item info u know? I guess its not that easy to code becouse the item info should change everey time u upgrade an armor to+1 and when u do it +2, +3....

As for weapons I thought that when u upgrade it to +1 +2 +3 u get more DMG... and thats the same history

Cleroth wrote:
Well, we've been thinking about this for quite some time, but we haven't decided what rewards to put yet. Merging the hero cape with a normal one could be a good idea. Other minor upgrades to the hero set could be made. The old green Istrian Hero could be used for fully upgraded Hero (I also made a yellow one, which could be used for the opposite city), though I would like to reserve that for a Hero Set gained only through arena match-making.


Well I'll think in a list of possible rewards and post it, I have a few ideas...


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron




All times are UTC - It is currently Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Liquid Black Designed By Andrew / Powered by phpBB © 2008 phpBB Group